Can I enrol my family into the Sheridan health plan?

Domestic Students

To enrol your family (spouse and/or dependent children) into your StudentCare Health and Dental Plan, you must pay an additional fee and this must be done during the Change-of-Coverage Period. For more information and instructions on how to add your family, please visit the Couple and Family Enrolment page on StudentCare.

International Students

To enrol your spouse and/or dependents into your health insurance, you must purchase and pay for the policies directly through

Please note that you can only apply for your dependents once you have received your certificate or policy number. You will receive your policy number to your Sheridan email by the end of the month (i.e., if your program started in January, you will receive your policy by the end of January, and if your program started in May, you will receive your policy by the end of May).

If you are starting Sheridan as a new student and will be arriving with dependents who will require medical coverage, please submit your request for a policy to Sheridan by emailing so that you can request coverage for family members in an expedited manner.